Donna Lichaw is an executive coach, speaker, and author of the Amazon bestseller, The User's Journey and her new book, The Leader’s Journey. Her mission is to help startup founders, tech executives, and senior leaders unlock their leadership potential so that they can make a greater impact and a difference at work and in the world.
Donna works with superheroes at companies like Adobe, Amazon, Disney, Google, Logitech, Mailchimp, Twitter, and Trello as well as a ton of non-profits, startups, and scale-ups. And she has taught at technology and innovation programs at New York University, Northwestern University, Parsons School of Design, and the School of Visual Arts.
I love the storytelling-based approach Donna takes with her work. If you’re in a leadership position – or growing into one – you’re going to love this episode.
Topics we cover include:
- How to find out what your strengths REALLY are. (Hint: They might be different from the things you’ve come to believe about yourself.)
- Why self doubt and insecurity is so common, including among highly successful people, and how to move through them.
- Why the thing you *think* is the problem or weakness, might not be the problem at all… and how to figure out what ACTUALLY needs fixing.
- How to build on the strengths and characteristics that have already been serving you in your life and work.
- How to balance thinking about other people AND your own need to speak up and feel like a hero. (Hint: It starts with you.)
- Why more leadership skills aren’t necessarily the answer — what you should do instead of developing more leadership skills.
- Why your energy matters and how to regain it if you feel drained or burned out.
And so much more.
Learn more about Donna (and check out her new book, The Leader’s Journey) at https://www.donnalichaw.com/