The path to leadership (including thought leadership) is never a straight line.
Have you ever wondered what it really takes to build a business — and a reputation — around the thing you’re most passionate about?
Are you curious about what the journey to thought leadership looks like for someone else?
Have you considered writing a book, creating a course or certification, or dreamed of building a mission-driven business or community?
This episode will give you insight into all of this, through the lens of someone who has done it.
Molly Galbraith is the co-founder of Girls Gone Strong (GGS), the world’s largest platform providing evidence-based health, fitness, nutrition, pregnancy, and menopause education for women and the health and fitness professionals who work with them—including industry-leading certification programs and coaching.
Through her GGS Academy, she has certified thousands of professionals in over 125 countries, helping them become the go-to coach for women in their gyms and communities.
She's also the author of “Strong Women Lift Each Other Up,” a book dedicated to helping women create a better life for themselves and a better world for women and girls through lifting women up.
I’ve been working with Molly and GGS for a number of years. I’ve worked on all of their current certifications including their newly released Menopause Coaching Specialist Certification. And I served as Molly’s storytelling partner in her book Strong Women Lift Each Other Up.
In this episode, we give listeners a behind-the-scenes look at what it really takes to make a name for yourself as a thought leader, to become a published author of non-fiction, to create courses and certifications, and to build a business around your passion and your values.
Topics we cover include:
- Why collaboration is the best kept secret of avid authors and content creators – and why (and how) you should try it for yourself.
- Why vulnerability is an essential ingredient in becoming a thought leader.
- How a single blog post kick-started Molly’s journey to becoming a global leader, and her words of wisdom for people who are just getting started.
- The conversation that changed the game for Molly’s business and leadership. (Hint: The game-changing question was, “What do we do better than anyone else?”)
- What’s involved in creating a certification product (and the kinds of roles you may need to hire or employ to get it done.)
- How Molly turned a keynote speech into a bestselling book, and why it was worth all the effort.
- How to get clear on your personal and professional values. Molly walks us through a three step process, and shows us how to use those values to make decisions in your life and business.
- Why you should expect judgment and criticism as a leader, and how to prepare yourself for it.
Learn more about Molly Galbraith and Girls Gone Strong at https://www.girlsgonestrong.com and check out the GGS Menopause Coaching Specialist Certification at https://go.girlsgonestrong.com/menopause-pre-sale-list2