Have ever thought that if you just put your head down and do great work, eventually you’ll be recognized for your talents?
Have you ever felt squeamish about marketing, self-promotion, or talking about yourself?
Do you want to get more recognition, more opportunities, and more influence – but you don’t want to spend more time on social media or just “add to the noise”?
Enter Lisa Bragg.
Lisa Bragg is an author, speaker and advisor who helps leaders navigate savvy self-promotion that is authentic and gets results.
She helps high-achievers of all sorts be seen, heard, and share their value with the world. Lisa then takes it a step further to show leaders how to help less visible people on their teams to do the same.
Lisa’s book, Bragging Rights: How to Talk about Your Work Using Purposeful Self-Promotion, launched as a best seller in May 2023. Bragging Rights is based on insights from Lisa’s career as an award-winning journalist, entrepreneur and consultant, as well as an extensive international research study on bragging and self-promotion.
In this episode, we explore how leaders can embrace purposeful self-promotion to make a bigger impact while staying true to themselves.
Topics we cover:
- Why we all need to feel seen and heard, no matter who we are or what we do.
- Common myths (like, “if you’re good enough, people will eventually recognize / reward you”) and why these are false.
- The difference between purposeful self-promotion and narcissistic megaphone-ing.
- Why self promotion does not require social media!
- Easy, everyday, non-gross tips for getting more attention and promoting yourself.
- The importance of developing your own point of view, and what you want to be known for.
- Why you don’t need to keep re-inventing stories or making new content… and why you should re-tell your signature stories again and again
- The value of a professional brand – why you should have one, regardless of your role, and how to get started.
- Why you DO deserve credit for your work, even in a team situation, and a key phrase you can use to help other people see your value.
- How leaders can (and should!) help others advocate for themselves.
Don’t miss this energizing and inspiring episode!
And, when you’re done, check out this FREE tool Lisa offers exclusively for podcast listeners: https://www.lisabragg.com/listener-love
Be sure to find Lisa at www.lisabragg.com, and follow her on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.