In “Coaching with Cam”, Camille takes a break from interviewing guests to share lessons, tips, tricks, and other writing wisdom with listeners.
In today’s episode, Camille (aka Cam) walks you through three common writing mistakes that she sees people making ALL THE TIME.
These mistakes can prevent your writing — such as your newsletter, blog, article, social content, educational product, speech, you name it — from hitting home. They can be the difference between people “getting” what you have to say, or not.
Plus, these mistakes can really interfere with your writing process. If you feel frustrated or overwhelmed every time you sit down to write, chances are one of these mistakes has something to do with it.
Even seasoned writers and editors make these errors. They’re that common.
Luckily, you can learn to recognize these common mistakes, avoid them, and correct them when they happen.
Do this, and your writing will improve. Plus, your writing process will become less arduous and more fun. (Especially if you avoid mistake #1!)
- Tend to get overwhelmed by all the things you have to say
- Spend hours trying to sort through all your ideas and feel like it’s all a big jumble
- Feel like people aren’t “getting it” or your message isn’t hitting home
- Are hesitant to publish and share your work because you aren’t entirely confident in it, or aren’t sure your message will be properly understood
- Aren’t sure how to put your ideas into terms other people will understand
- Feel like you aren’t quite “nailing it”
- Are annoyed by how arduous, complicated and time consuming writing is
- Want to write better and with less effort
… This episode is for you.